Cichlid Fish Forum banner

90 gallon tank stocking

3K views 16 replies 3 participants last post by  Cichlid boy 
#1 ·
I just upgraded from a 90g to a 125g. I want to stock the 90g now with Tanganikan cichlids. I have a breeding pair of j. transcriptus, 1m 2f n. multifaciatus, and 4 j. ornatus ~2". The tank is 60" by 18" by 19" (LxWxH). I was thinking of decorating it like this ROCK-SAND-SHELL-SAND-ROCK all about 12" sections.

I also was hoping for a more open water species looking for your opinions for a species.

let me know what you opinions are for all this.

thanks

#2 ·
I wouldn't keep two Julidochromis species together, more likely to get hybridization, and aggression between the two.

You could easily swap out one of the Julidochromis species for a Lamp. caudopunctatus, and Altolamprologus, Telmatochromis vittatus/bifrenatus/brichardi.

For open water, you could do Cyprichromis.

#6 ·
Ok so as I was looking for some cyps I came across some F1 E. Kelisa. I was wondering if I set the tank up SAND-ROCK-SAND in 1.5' sections.

Will it be ok for the E. kelisa?

Would it be better if I set the tank up ROCK for 1.5' and then the rest sand?

Could I still add in some cyps down the road?

I wouldn't be putting the n. Multifaciatus or the altos.

the only other species would be the j. Transcriptus for the rocks.

Let me know your opinions they help a lot

#11 ·
Normally I would say that non jumbo cyps would work fine in a 60 x 18" tank with Kilesa, but I'm not sure about the height.
I would expect the cyps to dive bomb the kilesa when the cyps are spawning.
Keep in mind that a non jumbo cyp will establish a territory in the water column around the size of a volley ball when spawning.
Any fish within that area will be terrorized and Kilesa are pretty timid fish.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.