Lake Tanganyika Species • Tropheus Project

Discussion regarding only Lake Tanganyika species.

Moderators: Mcdaphnia, nodima

Tropheus Project

Postby Read » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:21 pm

Hello everyone,

I’m a usual reader of this forum but this is my first post. After some year away from the hobby i decided to start a new project, once again with Tropheus.
I had success before keeping a healthy colony and breeding but i want to ask some question so i can provide the best conditions for the fish.

The plan is to order a custom made tank, the size that i’m thinking is 150x60x50 450L ( 118gal ). In this tank i want to have a colony with 20/25 members, i didn’t decide on the species yet but the ilangi are on the top of my list. ;) Although this species will be hard to find on the local market, is there any recommended websites where i can order some? Shipping to Europe, i’m from Portugal.

20/25 Too many? Too few?

I didn’t decide if i want to have a sump or not, i’m not sure if its worth the trouble but at the moment i’m thinking yes. For filtration i’m thinking on the Fluval fx4 or the fx6. Is the fx6 too much?

I will have some more questions, but for now i want to order the tank and the filtration system and then i will ask some more questions.

Ps: English it’s not my main language, so sorry for any mistakes
Read

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: Tropheus Project

Postby morrismorris » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:10 pm

I don't have any suggestions, as I am in the same boat as you are or were. Just curious, did you go through with the project? I am also thinking of going with ilangi, only in a 75gal.
morrismorris

Return to Lake Tanganyika Species