Lake Tanganyika Species • Trouble finding certain fish species

Discussion regarding only Lake Tanganyika species.

Moderators: Mcdaphnia, nodima

Trouble finding certain fish species

Postby CharlestonCichlids » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:03 pm

Hi,
First off, this forum has been a great resource as I begin to stock my two tanks. However, I am encountering trouble finding an online seller that has an extensive Tanganyika selection. I will have to go through an online seller because my LFS has a VERY limited supply of tangs. I went through every retailer recommended on this site and many have some or most of the fish I am looking for but not all. I have poured over google and I am finding the same issues. The main fish I am having trouble locating (for a reasonable price) are Cyp.Leptosoma (nonjumbo) and Paracyp. Nigripinnis. It may be a lofty hope but ideally I would like to find a seller that has all so I can make one order. The species I am looking for are:
Cyp.Leptosoma (nonjumbo)
Julidochromis regani Kipili (other species are OK)
Neolamp. Leleupi orange
Paracyp. Nigripinnis
Tretocephalus

Please PM me if you have any recommendations for sellers or can point me in the right direction.
CharlestonCichlids

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: Trouble finding certain fish species

Postby Mcdaphnia » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:16 pm

I think finding everything in one place would be rare. Most of the time I get one or two at a time. Cichlid conventions, national and state, are good sources. But they are annual events so you have to wait until they happen.
Mcdaphnia

Return to Lake Tanganyika Species