Cichlid Fish Forum banner

Neolamprologus helianthus Kamakonde ''Sunflower''

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  ShortBus 
#1 ·
I have a 200g 72x24x28

Is there anything that would survive with a colony of Neolamprologus helianthus Kamakonde ''Sunflower''

#5 ·
ShortBus said:
Thanks
I couldn't find much about them, but i was afraid they were part of the death by N.pulcher team
I've kept brichardi/pulcher in community tanks for decades. There are some tricks to doing so, but it isn't that hard. N. helianthus isn't quite as big, so generally don't take as big of territories.

-------------

trets - are likely to take over too much, and could become a problem themselves in a community tank. IMO, they are best in species only tanks.

#6 ·
Fogelhund said:
ShortBus said:
Thanks
I couldn't find much about them, but i was afraid they were part of the death by N.pulcher team
I've kept brichardi/pulcher in community tanks for decades. There are some tricks to doing so, but it isn't that hard. N. helianthus isn't quite as big, so generally don't take as big of territories.

-------------

trets - are likely to take over too much, and could become a problem themselves in a community tank. IMO, they are best in species only tanks.
From reading some of your articles, it looks like the, brichardi/pulcher would be the last in and letting everyone else solidify their territories, what kind of time frame?, Then the brichardi/pulcher can go in.

In a 72" tank what are some tips about layout and territories

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.