Cichlid Fish Forum banner

Hybridization: Leleupi &Brichardi Crossed.

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Mcdaphnia 
#1 ·
I kept losing fry every time when the Leleupi spawn. One time I spotted a male Brichadi forced himself into the Leleupi cave (a cichlid rock) despite the protest from the mother Leleupi. I intervened I got the Brichardi out of the cave, and out of the tank. He and his wife got a new address now.

Anyway, the mom raised the youngs, but they gradually disappeared due to whatever reason. Now only two have left. As they grow, to my surprise , they are the product of a hybridization between the Leleupi and Brichardi! Never thought it was possible between These two! But again, they are both belong to the Neolamprologus family, I guess it could be possible.

Hard to tell from the picture, but they have the body of a Leleupi, a tint of yellow/orange color, with the scales and the ears of a Brichardi. Figure I share this unbeknown phenomenon with you.

See less See more
#3 ·
Fogelhund said:
I had this hybrization about twenty five years ago... the result were some pretty aggressive fish. :lol:
Lol, Hi Fogelhund, you beat me to it. I was about to mention it - these two are AGRESSIVE!!! You are truly an experience fish keeper =D> At least one of these two keeps going around the tank and challenging others. It takes head on with my pair of caudopunctatus, who are very aggressive while guarding their babies!
Joe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.