Cichlid Fish Forum banner

New discovery(to me) about Xenotiapia

762 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  judyok 
#1 ·
I have 5 Xenotilapia papillio Tembeux that I've been keeping for a couple of months alone. A pretty solid pair has formed and they, of course, have the other 3 in the corner behind the rocks. I removed the 3 outsiders (which are the hardest fish I've ever tried to catch)and put them in another tank with quite a few other fish. I was worried about how they would do because I've heard they are so timid and may not do well with other fish, but I've found out the opposite.

They have been in the tank only a couple of days and they have really come out of their shell. They don't seem to be intimidated by the other fish and are cruising the whole tank. The tank has Mollies, Cyprichromis, 2 pleco and 2 little juvenile Calvus and they seem to be at ease with all. It really gratifying to see them moving through the tank comfortably. I'll keep an eye on them of course to make sure circumstances don't change, but so far so good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.