Cichlid Fish Forum banner

Neolamprologus Brichardi or Pulcher?

897 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Liz777 
#1 ·
Are these the same kind or different? Most of what I'm reading says they're different but some articles say they're the same. My two little guys don't seem to have that orange dot near the eye nor is the dark marking like that of a T, it's more like )). I see a little blue at the top of the eyes but that's about it. Maybe because they're so young they haven't colored up on their heads yet??

Liz

#2 ·
There are some ichthyologists who believe that they should all be classified under Neolamprologus pulcher and there are some that don't. Having said that, there are MANY different collection locations of brichardi/pulcher, and each location is unique and distinct on their own merit. These different locations should not ever be mixed, to keep them pure. Having said all of that, it is impossible to know what you have, without pictures.

#3 ·
I'll just watch them grow and see how they turn out. They look exactly the same with the exception of one being larger.

Thanks

Fogelhund said:
There are some ichthyologists who believe that they should all be classified under Neolamprologus pulcher and there are some that don't. Having said that, there are MANY different collection locations of brichardi/pulcher, and each location is unique and distinct on their own merit. These different locations should not ever be mixed, to keep them pure. Having said all of that, it is impossible to know what you have, without pictures.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.