Cichlid Fish Forum banner

Cleaning House Again

2K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  Liz777 
#1 ·
Came home to see one of the Brichardi cleaning house. Last time I saw that I got up the next morning to my first fry. The fry are about 3wks old, I think. I guess here we go again! :)

#5 ·
It's a 30gal. I have mom and dad along with 2 batches of offspring. It looks like there's 30-40 fry. It's funny how there's always 4-5 rogue babies that go off and do their own thing. Of course mom or dad makes sure those wild little ones are protected. Still can't tell mom and dad apart yet.

The Dude315 said:
What size is the tank and how many Brichardi do you have in it?

#9 ·
I bought 4 Brichardi that were all about 1" long. Right off the bat one of them was furiously aggressive. I didn't even have them in the tank yet and it was already body slamming the other 3. Within 3 days 2 paired up and the other 2 were swiftly killed. I think it was about 2wks later that I got my first batch of fry. It was 3wks to the day that I discovered the 2nd fry. My intentions were to pull the other 2 fish out if they were not going to be accepted but I just didn't
get a chance. I had read that if the extra fish are siblings of the pair that they 'might' be tolerated.

So far I'm really liking them. The larger one's tail is getting so long.

Liz :)

The Dude315 said:
Did you start out with just the pair or did you buy several and rehome the outcasts? I'm very interested in setting up a Brichardi tank

#10 ·
In all honesty I'm trying to figure out if I have N. Brichardi or the Daffodil kind. My guys are so small and my eyes are bad, it often looks to me like the markings on their face is more like that of the Daffodil.

The Dude315 said:
Did you start out with just the pair or did you buy several and rehome the outcasts? I'm very interested in setting up a Brichardi tank
[/quote]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.