Cichlid Fish Forum banner

Identify Opthalmotilapia Ventralis "Langola Sunflower"

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  FishTankAdventures 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

I am just trying to see if anyone can help me identify which geographic region my large male Ventralis is from? I originally purchased a group of 6 young Ventralis Langola and got super lucky and ended up with 6 females.....I know WTF?! Anywyas I went to me LFS and asked them to order me a male Ventralis Langola and this is what I got. Based on pictures on the internet he seems to not be Langola to me because he has no yellow, but I could be wrong. Any ideas on where he is from if its not Langola?!

No idea if those photos worked....let me know and I will try to figure out a better way to make it work.

Thanks!

See less See more
#6 ·
I agree....I think they seller just shipped me a male that he wasnt sure about...he is much larger than my other ventralis, which i expected at first because he was "full grown". However, I have had him for a almost a year now and I my females are still now where near his size.

Please check out this video and let me know if it helps you identify him at all? I think he is an awesome fish and I wouldnt mind getting him the "right" females. I just dont want to start mixing geographic regions, so if no one can help me identify I guess I will just try and trade him in for something else.

Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.