Cichlid Fish Forum banner

White background???

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  cichlid-gal 
#1 ·
I know black and blue are most popular color but i decided to put white vinyl film but unsure know how the frontosas would look in it?
Has anyone done white background and if so does the color really pop with it?
I keep discus and their color really brightens in white background.
Frontosa in blue is ok imo but in black background, they darken. I want my frontosa to be bright.

#2 ·
I have seen it attempted and what I mean by this is...I haven't seen any awesome photos of a all white tank after 3-6 months. Looks great brand new, but after the algae begins you might as well punch your time card because it will feel like a 2nd or 3rd job cleaning it every other day. Just like a white car...its going to show everything. Another point...some fish become "washed out" when the tank is much lighter in color so your choice in species might diminish greatly. I am a fan of the vinyl film and vinyl wraps, my tanks are black vinyl. You should try it white and worst case scenario if it doesn't work out you can always peel and install black vinyl. Keep us posted on your decision!

#5 ·
I don't have Fronts but I do have lots of other fish. I have a tank with a "brown" background. I love it and constantly get compliments on it. Just another thought. My fish show up great against the brown.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.