Cichlid Fish Forum banner

Ghost shrimp ok with Multi's?

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  AlmightyJoshaeus 
#1 ·
I am still adding to my 125 that currently only has 8 mutli's and about 1/3 of the tank sand covered in shells. They look to be close to breeding size. My son is getting into the hobby with me and wants to add a group of ghost shrimp (wants to add much more but I won't let it off set the balance long term). Can I add about 10-12 small ghost shrimp without causing problems? I don't think they could hurt the multi's. At worst won't the multi's use them as food? After I add a group of Opthalmotilapia ventralis Kipili and maybe later some Julidochromis transcriptus Gombi and a pair of Altolamprologus calvus white won't the shrimp be gobbled up? I love how he is taking interest with me in the hobby and really wants to add the shrimp. Love to hear your opinions.

#2 ·
When I converted my 10 gallon cherry shrimp tank to multi's I left a few shrimp in there just to see what happened. Basically, the multis wouldn't let them anywhere near their shells, but left them alone as long as they hid in the few rocks I had in there. And that's what they did... hide! I know ghost shrimp can get larger and more aggressive, but I wouldn't think they could cause any harm to your fish.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.