Cichlid Fish Forum banner

Small tank choices

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  jimithing 
#1 ·
Okay. I really wanted to get another larger aquarium but I just don't have the floor space right now for one. We are also likely moving in the next 12 months so just would be a pain to move so I have decided to get something for my countertop. I have been looking at shell dwellers because I think they are super cool after seeing some at a friend's house. I also looked at dwarf puffers. I am open to changing my mind because I am a woman after all. Any opinions on super cool, interactive fish that would go into a 20 gallon long or smaller tank. I also want opinions on tanks because I want something that looks really cool, like maybe a rimless. I want this to be a spectacular tank because it has to make me happy for the next year. Help me!!!!!

#2 ·
You could do a Colony of multis in a 20L. At first I was dying to get a pair of Wild Caught Brevis Ikola but I am glad I get my multis now. I have 100 goldmouth turbo shells In my 20L. You could always do Punks also. But my preference are Brevis or Multis

#3 ·
I have been told myself that you may even be able to keep a tang community in a 20 long if you have a docile Shellie, such as Multics or brevis, on one side of the tank, and a pair of docile, small rock dwellers - such as caudopunctatus or a small Julie species - on the other. The key would be to put a decent rock pile on one side of the tank and a large number of shells on the other.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.