Lake Tanganyika Species • Help me stock my new 225 gallon

Discussion regarding only Lake Tanganyika species.

Moderators: triscuit, Floridagirl

Help me stock my new 225 gallon

Postby rous » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:41 pm

Just got my 225 gallon (72"x24"x30") up and running. Currently I have 6 E. Kilesa (1m, 5f), about 20 Cyp (utinta - 6m, 14f) and about 15 J. Ornatus. I am definitely going to add a couple of male E. Kilesa as my single male does not show much color, even though they have bred a couple of times, and may pull out some of the julies to make room for other species. 150 pounds of pfs substrate, and will have about 150 pounds of holey rock (8-10 good sized ones). So, I have a sand dweller, a rock dweller, and an open water fish. Definitely leaning toward a group of gold occies for a shell bed in one corner, but not sure what else to put in....

I am not too concerned with saving fry, so not afraid of getting something that would prey on young 'uns. The ACA convention is here in town in about 3 weeks, so I should be able to pick up pretty much whatever I want (depending on price :) )

Would love a Tang eel, maybe Gobies, feathefins, etc...... what would anyone recommend for this setup?
rous

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: Help me stock my new 225 gallon

Postby noddy » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:58 pm

2m/6f C. Foai. Depending on how they get along with Julies (I have never any type of kept julies).
I am keeping O.Nasuta with Kilesa and cyps. They seem to get along fine.
noddy

Postby rous » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:16 am

The biggest J. Ornatus I have is king of the tank so far (it has only been set up a few days). He does not interact much with the cyps or enants, but when he cruises the tank, the other fish politely move out of his way. Anyone kept a mastecambelus ellipsifer in a community tank like this?
noddy - I have thought a lot about Foai, but my understanding is they color up pretty infrequently, and just to spawn. My concern is that competition for the open sand with the E. Kilesa would make it difficult for that to happen.....with 2 male Foai, would they be colored up quite a bit in competition with each other?

Thanks....
rous

Postby olliesshop » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:00 pm

Wow ... now that a tank !!! Have fun. :fish:
Tim
Species Neolamprologus Brichardi tank - 125g
Pictures - http://olliesshop.smugmug.com/Other/Bik ... 0989_tpCny
Video updates ... http://www.youtube.com/user/olliesshop?feature=mhee
olliesshop

Return to Lake Tanganyika Species