Cichlid Fish Forum banner

Snails??

7K views 27 replies 12 participants last post by  Southcoaster 
#1 ·
Evening all,

I'm not sure what to do when it comes to snails.

Let me explain (hopefully :) )

I have a 6' long and its gets algea quickly. My lights are on for 6 hours. Fed every day sparingly, once a day. WC weekly about 50% - 60%. I clean the algea everytime I do a WC and more if I see it.

What I would like to know is does anyone have snails in their tank to help with algea? Don't like the idea of having a BN as it's not really from Lake Tang (I know nither are the snails, not as easy to see as the BN). And would they cause a problem with my tank inhabitants?

Thanks in advance

Charlene :thumb:

#27 ·
I agree with Tshethar, I have been a customer of theirs for years. It was always a problem. Check the reviews before you buy. Save yourself some serious frustration at best, and worse than that on the flip side.. I had t learn the hard way to research the companies I buy from.. Good luck.

#28 ·
I have a BN Pleco in my Tang Tank, I was originally with you as I did not want a non Tang in my aquarium but they are highly efficient algae eaters and I wouldn't be without one now. As already said they hide away during the day and do their work at night. Mine got a hard time when they went in but are then ignored.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.