Lake Tanganyika Species • Post Pics of your Altolamps!

Discussion regarding only Lake Tanganyika species.

Moderators: Mcdaphnia, nodima

Re: Post Pics of your Altolamps!

Postby Razzo » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:53 pm

Love all the pics!

Here's a video with a couple F1 juvie calvus & a couple F1 juvie comps mixed in with some frontosa fry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMMs_GWNLI8
Recovering frontosa breeder (I have had a relapse)
Razzo

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby gregl » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:37 am

My pair :D
gregl

Postby Razzo » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:03 pm

Well my altolamp friends,.... for the first time, in close to ten years, I am now "officially" Altolamp-less. :(

As some of you may already know, I sold off my wild caughts some time ago. Those three wild caught groups (calvus BCWP, orange fin comps & Muzi gold heads comps) gave me, easily, 1000+ F1 fry which many of you have swimming in your tanks today (I would love to see some of those pics :wink: ). Recently, I sold off my last two F1 Altolamp growout groups. They are still one of my favorite species but I just needed to make room for some new interests (we all know how that goes). All of your participation has made this a great thread. Where else can you go to see so many pics of great looking altos in one place?

I am remastering some of my old favorite pictures for a project that I am working on (more about that later). I just wanted to share a few of these pics as I collect them for the project. Here's a couple pics of my favorite altolamp EVER! This was one of my breeding wild caught Muzi gold head comps. This dude was a stud. Please forgive this prideful statement (we are all proud of our fish)... he was a magnificent specimen and I miss him.

Click on the image to see them in HD 8)

Please feel free to keep this thread going with pics of your altolamps - love them all! I'll add a few more later..........

Cheers,
Russ
Razzo

Postby Razzo » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:52 pm

Shameless bump 8)
Razzo

Postby bwestgsx06 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:58 pm

I wish you had some BCWP or would let me know where I could get some from your strain! I miss mine :(
bwestgsx06

Postby jimk » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:32 pm

So sorry to hear you have no altolamps Razzo, I find myself in the same position since I lost my wild caught Inkfins and sold all the babies. I miss them terribly.

I wish I had some of those goldhead babies!
jimk

Postby jimk » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:44 pm

jimk

Postby Razzo » Fri May 27, 2016 1:08 pm

Guys & Gals,

It's my pleasure to bump this thread as it was one of my all time favorites. I have been Altolamp-less for a while and this this afternoon, Lord willing, that will be changing with the arrival of a new group of wild Black calvus :) You know I'll be posting some pics :D
Razzo

Postby dledinger » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:44 pm

Of all the fish-pic threads I've ever viewed, this one takes the cake!

Great work! Makes me jealous having never dipped my toes into the Alto world and being an absolute buffoon with a camera!
125 Gallon Mbuna
60 Gallon Tropheus Duboisi
65 Gallon Amazon
Too many little tanks to count
dledinger

Postby Razzo » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:09 pm

dledinger wrote:Of all the fish-pic threads I've ever viewed, this one takes the cake!

Great work! Makes me jealous having never dipped my toes into the Alto world and being an absolute buffoon with a camera!

They are such a fascinating species. Not only do they look cool - their behaviors are even cooler. Hope you get a chance to enjoy them soon!
Razzo

Postby Razzo » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:13 pm

Not sure where to post this: here or a new thread. I guess, I'll post here because you all have seen me go from multiple groups of altolamps to altolamp-less. I am now back into Altolamps; so, this is the thread to announce my return :D

Very excited to have altolamps again! I broke down and ordered a wild group of Altolamprologus calvus (Black Congo Calvus) from Greg at Little Africa Aquatics (2m/3f). So happy with them! They are still very shy and hard to photograph without feeding them, based on past groups of altolamps, I trust this will improve. Pics are a few days old. They have since started getting much darker (which I like). I'll add more photos as they become less shy; but, here's a few early pics for starters...

Large show male

One of the females being VERY shy

Razzo

Postby StevenHing » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:13 am

Hi Guys, Greetings from Singapore.

Just sharing Picture of my spawning GoldHead Comp, sorry for the lousy picture, taken in my spawning tank.

StevenHing

Postby Deeda » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:49 am

Nice pics Steven and I love the view of the fry in the shell!! Welcome to C-F!!
Deeda
Global Moderator

Postby StevenHing » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:34 pm

Deeda wrote:Nice pics Steven and I love the view of the fry in the shell!! Welcome to C-F!!

Hi Deeda,

Thanks!! My pleasure to be able to share in this forum !! :dancing: :fish: :dancing:
StevenHing

Postby StevenHing » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:50 pm

sharing my 5 years old 5x2.5x2.5 approximately 235 gallon Tangan community tanks consist mainly of Alto Comp (Pardon the Congo Tetres Non-Tangan, they are mainly to diverse the aggression) and amateur photos taken with iPhone.

StevenHing

PreviousNext

Return to Lake Tanganyika Species