Lake Tanganyika Species • 125 big enough 4 fronts?

Discussion regarding only Lake Tanganyika species.

Moderators: triscuit, Floridagirl

Postby cichlidgirl1 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:51 am

Here is a pic of my burundi, i put some fine black gravel in my white sand to darken it a bit and it also works good to disguise debris between vacuming LOL. You can also intensify the blue by getting lights that are in the blue spectrum such as marine glow etc... They were very blue for my taste so i put a blue bulb in the back and white day bulb in the front of my double bulb light strips. works good.

cichlidgirl1

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby aaxxeell » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:19 am

:thumb: nice fish!
i love the one in the 1st pic, how old/big is it?
25g Planted
75g+ texas
130g GT
aaxxeell

Postby cichlidgirl1 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:37 am

Thanks. The first pic is my dominant one. I bought him as a 1.5 inch juvie in Oct. So i have had him for six mo and you figure he was couple months old when i bought him. If i had to guess i would say 8 mo actual age. He is approx. 5 inches. But its 5 inch juvie body shape not 5 inch adult body.

You can see the difference different lighting makes in how the fish's color appear. The middle pic with all the green plants is actually the same fish , december or jan i think. He has grown alot. He was the same colors as the other fish then he darkened alot when he became dominant. He also gets a funny tan body color on his white stripes and black ones are light grey with navy fins and none of the other fish get it , ever . I figure it is a alpha coloration. I will have to watch the mpimbwe and see if that fish does it too.
cichlidgirl1

Postby aaxxeell » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:32 am

yeah i will definetly have to get a actinic blue light! really brings out their blue on their fins.

btw, what did you mean by 5inches juvy body shape, not 5inches adult???
25g Planted
75g+ texas
130g GT
aaxxeell

Postby cichlidgirl1 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:15 pm

I noticed my juvies are growing longwise not in height. A adult front might be 5 or 6 inches long but is also "taller" has a high profile when viewed from the side. Mine dont have that yet. They are still longer than they are tall. I hope that makes sense. Like a tall skinny teenager. :)
cichlidgirl1

Previous

Return to Lake Tanganyika Species